The story so far...
In 2006 Thor called it (when first defined) “The digital clearing house” – today it’s called New Internet Media – NIM (https://newinternet.media). We have been building the services since 2010 and after launching the first prototype 21st December 2014 we have now gone commercial in several areas of copyrighted content with a focus on news and books.
It’s now time for the music industry.
The music industry continues to grapple with the world of digital commerce and appears to be struggling to make sense of it. ….
It is extremely difficult for composers and songwriters to make a living. Old industry conventions, based on the monetising of performing and mechanical rights have remained unchanged for many decades. In the online world, there is a massive creative workforce writing and producing pop recordings for the new global audience for whom these old business models simply DO NOT WORK.
NIM can provide a simple and direct route to the online market thereby maximising the income due to music right owners.
We have successfully defined and carried out trials for integrating the existing back catalogues in our services.
By eliminating the middlemen and collecting societies in addition to reducing transaction fees payments to right owners will increase royalties payment several times and time to pay decrease from up to 3 years to around 3 minutes.
Securing more money, faster?—?for the owners of copyright.
Core administration team
- FounderTechnology entrepreneur with history and passion for disruptive and disintermediate solutions in the content industries. Replacing paper proof with digital proof - more money, faster to copyright owners... First to (legally) put music on mobile phones in June 2004 and integrate music in a social network (Microsoft IM) with partners Sony Music/BMG and Microsoft MSN Pioneered security and communications on the Internet in the 90s and early 2000. Thor has since 2013 developed, built and executed New Internet Media Group. Now launching a finTech solution for Copyright owners. With a different and stable cryptocurrency. CopyrightCoins – the currency of royalties!Group program managerDick has an in-depth skill set regarding business modelling and corporate efficiency. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Getting it right from the start is mission critical. Dick’s business processing skills and ability to prioritize can be an integral success factor for any start-up or established business venturing into a new competitive landscape.
- Guy met lyricist DOUG FLETT in 1966 and their long partnership has produced many classic recordings by International stars. They were the first British writers to be recorded by ELVIS PRESLEY…. WONDERFUL WORLD, the opening song in Elvis’ movie LIVE A LITTLE LOVE A LITTLE got his attention and he requested more songs…. THE FAIR’S MOVING ON was tailor made for Elvis on his MEMPHIS TO VEGAS country album and this was soon followed by JUST PRETEND a big success from his documentary movie, THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. Guy and Doug have enjoyed four decades of success with recordings by many others…. RAY CHARLES, FRANKIE VALLI, JOE COCKER, HELEN REDDY, LOUISE MANDRELL and our own CLIFF RICHARD who has recorded no fewer than twelve of their songs including international hits, POWER TO ALL OUR FRIENDS, SING A SONG OF FREEDOM, BABY YOU’RE DYNAMITE and WITH THE EYES OF A CHILD. Today their song FALLEN ANGEL is in the smash hit Broadway musical JERSEY BOYS. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Guy became Chairman of THE BRITISH ACADEMY OF SONGWRITERS COMPOSERS AND AUTHORS where for twelve years he fought many campaigns on behalf of British music creators . He was a founding director with ANDY HEATH of BRITISH MUSIC RIGHTS Ltd , now UK MUSIC Ltd. And joined the board of the PERFORMING RIGHT SOCIETY in 1998. He was elected Chairman of the PRS in 2010 where he continues to fight for his members rights both here and abroad. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Guy was honoured by the Queen in 20015 with an OBE for services to British Music.Guy Fletcher, OBEChairman Internet Music
- Nick’s extensive experience in all areas of intellectual property work makes him an extremely valuable member of the international team. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Nick Kounoupias is a solicitor with thirty years experience of Intellectual Property and the founder and CEO of Kounoupias IP, a boutique Intellectual Property consultancy providing strategic guidance on IP and anti-piracy matters both within the UK and internationally. He has worked across all the IP sectors since 1986 both within private practice and in house and during that time developed a formidable international reputation for his depth of IP knowledge and diverse strengths. Passionate about protecting intellectual property rights, Nick is regularly instructed from all over the world to provide strategic guidance and support on all manner of IP issues. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Nick is one of the UK’s leading experts in anti-piracy and anti-counterfeiting, an area in which he has extensive experience of managing and conducting investigations. He is recognised as having pioneered the use of private prosecutions of copyright and trade mark infringers in the music industry. Nick is in particular demand for his thought leadership on IP issues. He regularly contributes to IP journals, books and regularly provides professional training on IP at seminars and webinars. Nick helped draft the Copyright and Trade Mark (Offences and Enforcement) Act 2002, and the IP Act 2014, and has for many years successfully lobbied all over Europe on behalf of diverse industries for changes to copyright, trade mark and designs laws. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Nick led the successful campaign to recognise the copying of registered designs as a criminal offence. In recognition of his contribution to the design industries, Nick was appointed a Liveryman of the Worshipful Guild of Furniture Makers and a Freeman of the City of London. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Nick is regularly instructed by clients to monitor and advise on proposed changes to the UK and EU IP laws particularly in the post BREXIT world.Nick KounoupiasCopyright advisor
- Senior Legal Expert with a profound insight into internet, blockchain, fintech, cryptofinance, digital banking, e-commerce, cybersecurity and personal data protection laws and regulations developed in 25+ years of legal experience. Influenced and negotiated at the uppermost government and corporate levels to catalyse policy and legislative changes. Progressive leader recognised for demystifying and resolving complex issues through subject matter expertise and long-term vision. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] ? Expert Expert Member, Blockchain Policy and Framework Conditions, EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum ? Expert, Belgian Federal Parliament and French National Assembly hearings on the Information Society Law ? Chairman, Internet Rights Observatory, a federal body which advised government on internet regulations ? Co-Author, Bitcoin and Blockchain, a book awarded the Turgot Prize for the best book in Financial Economics ? Resource Speaker at national and international conferences as well as in online, print and TV interviews [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] KEY ACHIEVEMENTS ? Facilitated the creation of an EU network of authorities for the co-regulation of the internet as President of the Internet Rights Observatory. Represented Belgium in the Geneva Treaty negotiation at the World Summit on the Information Society. ? Inspired adoption of legislations and public policies at the country and EU levels including – online consumer protection, anti-online child pornography, online video games and e-government, among others. ? Established and grew the Fintech, Digital Banking and Cryptofinance practice of leading global law firms. ? Co-founded PayServices, a pioneering multi-currency and cryptocurrency platform that is now changing the digital payment, business management and security infrastructure landscape for smart cities.Thibault VerbiestLegal advisor
- Finance Director/Deputy MD at EMI Publishing Ltd. [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Chair positions held... [divider height="5" style="default" line="default" themecolor="1"] Copyright Licensing Agency; Music Publishers Association; PRS for MusicTom BradleyMusic Publishing Advisor